Drop Everything Almond Drops
Preheat oven to 325°F convection or 350°F conventional.
Yields: 24 Miniature Almond Drop Cookies
- 4 ea. 2.5-oz. or 6 ea. 1.45-oz. Emmie’s Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie dough pucks, at room temperature
- 6 oz. sliced almonds, chopped
- 2 oz. granulated sugar
- 1 oz. confectioners’ sugar
- If using 2.5-oz. cookie pucks, cut each puck evenly into 3 pieces, then cut each of those pieces in half to create 24 equal pieces. If using 1.45-oz. cookie pucks, cut each puck into quarters to create 24 equal pieces. Using the palms of your hands, roll the cookie dough into small round balls and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar with chopped almond pieces and mix until well combined.
- Gently roll each dough ball into the sugar and almond mixture, ensuring that the dough ball is evenly coated.
- Line a sheet pan with baker's paper and place the dough balls onto it, approximately 1–2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until cookie edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before dusting with confectioners’ sugar.
Take the credit for making these little gems! You deserve it.